Strawberry Pretzel Salad actually isn’t a salad in any respect; it’s a straightforward make-ahead dessert recipe.
A buttery pretzel crust topped is topped with a cheesecake-like layer, and strawberry topping.
This dish has all the pieces: candy, salty, creamy, and tangy.
Substances for Strawberry Pretzel Salad
This old style deal with is named pretzel “salad,” however actually it’s a layered dessert, good to serve for Thanksgiving dinner or at Christmas.
- Crust: crushed salted pretzels, butter, sugar
- Creamy Filling: a cheesecake-like layer made with cream cheese, sugar, and whipped topping (comparable to Cool Whip)
- Strawberry Topping: strawberry gelatin, sliced recent strawberries
You should use frozen strawberries in the event you can’t discover recent ones (thaw and drain first). You can additionally substitute or add different recent fruit. Change up the flavour with raspberries and raspberry Jell-O or peaches and orange Jell-o.
How you can Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad
This strawberry pretzel salad recipe comes collectively in three simple steps. Remember to chill every step between in order that they set.
- Crust: Mix the crust elements and press into the underside of a baking dish (per the recipe beneath).
- Creamy Filling: Whip cream cheese and sugar, and fold in whipped topping. Unfold over the pretzel layer and refrigerate till agency.
- Strawberry Topping: Mix strawberry jello and water with strawberries and pour over the creamy layer.
- Refrigerate in a single day. When able to take pleasure in, minimize into squares and serve!
Suggestions for a Good Dessert
- Cool layers: Permit every layer to chill/chill earlier than including the following layer.
- Defend the crust: Unfold the cream cheese layer all the best way to the sting to stop the pretzel crust from changing into soggy.
- Cool Jello: Permit the Jell-O to chill right down to room temperature earlier than pouring on the recent strawberries so the warmth doesn’t wilt them.
- Use whipped topping: Whipped topping is a extra steady ingredient that units extra firmly. Whipped cream can ‘weep’.
- Frozen berries: Thaw and drain frozen strawberries if utilizing.
To Make Pretzel Salad Forward of Time
Strawberry pretzel salad is greatest when made not less than half a day upfront (making it a fantastic dessert or potluck dish).
It wants a minimal of 4 hours to arrange, or ideally longer. It should preserve for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
This dessert doesn’t freeze nicely.
Did you make this Strawberry Pretzel Salad? Go away us a score and a remark beneath!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a household favourite. This simple make-ahead dessert is a scrumptious combo of candy and salty, creamy and crunchy!
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl and press into the underside of a 9×13 pan. Bake 10 minutes and funky fully.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium till fluffy. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Unfold combination evenly over the cooled crust and refrigerate not less than 1 hour.
In a big mixing bowl stir Jell-O and boiling water till jello is dissolved. Permit combination to sit down at room temperature till fully cooled.
Place sliced strawberries over the cream cheese combination. Pour cooled Jell-O overtop.
Refrigerate till firmly set, not less than 4-6 hours or in a single day.
The pretzels are crushed first after which measured. Use a meals processor or a rolling pin to crush the pretzels.
For simple elimination from the pan, the dish may be lined with parchment paper.
Energy: 244 | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Ldl cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.