Sausage stuffing is a scrumptious variation of our favourite stuffing recipe.
On this recipe, a savory stuffing is baked with pork sausage, onions, and savory herbs.
- Prep forward – This sausage stuffing recipe might be ready as much as 2 days forward of time. Pair it with turkey, rooster, or pork chops with homemade gravy.
- It’s versatile – Change up the textures and flavors on this recipe by mixing in chopped nuts, dried fruit, or different veggies.
Substances for Sausage Stuffing
Sausage – Any floor pork sausage will work, I want breakfast sausage however delicate or scorching Italian sausage can also be an incredible choice.
Bread Cubes – Purchase cubes or dry your individual bread. Sandwich bread (any selection), sourdough, and even cornbread will add taste and texture.
Broth – Use boxed, canned, or home made rooster or turkey broth to moisten the crumbs.
Variations – Celery and onion add a conventional savory taste to the stuffing. You may add different greens or fruits. Attempt fried sliced mushrooms, cooked apples, contemporary or dried cranberries, chunks of roasted butternut squash, toasted walnuts or pecans, and even a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
PRO TIP: Make your individual dried bread cubes by both spreading them on a baking sheet and letting them air-dry in a single day or bake them for 15-20 minutes in an oven set to 250°F.
The right way to Make Sausage Stuffing
- Brown sausage in a skillet and save the drippings.
- Add butter to the pan and cook dinner the onion, celery, garlic, and seasonings per the recipe under.
- Toss bread cubes, sausage, and broth till moistened.
- Switch to a casserole dish and bake.
The right way to Retailer Sausage Stuffing
- Preserve leftover sausage stuffing coated within the fridge for as much as 3 days and reheat within the microwave.
- Freeze parts in zippered baggage for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day and reheat within the oven in a foil-covered dish at 325°F till heated by.
- Deplete leftover stuffing in home made stuffed mushroom appetizers or add to pork chops or chicken thighs.
Did you make this Sausage Stuffing recipe? Make sure you depart a remark and a score under!
Sausage Stuffing Recipe
This sausage stuffing recipe is the proper aspect dish for any vacation dinner.
Preheat the oven to 375˚F
In a big skillet, brown the sausage over medium-high warmth till no pink stays. Switch the sauasage to a bowl, reserving the drippings.
Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet together with the drippings. Add onion, celery, garlic, and poultry seasoning and cook dinner over medium warmth till softened, about 5 minutes.
In a big mixing bowl, add dried bread cubes, cooled sausage, onions combination, and contemporary herbs. Toss to mix.
Add 1 cup of broth, gently tossing it with the bread, and let it sit briefly to soak up. Add extra broth as wanted to moisten the bread cubes, you might not want the entire broth. Season with salt and pepper to style.
Place in a 2 ½ qt casserole dish and drizzle with ¼ cup melted butter.
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or till golden.
Energy: 334 | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 21g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 262IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.