These tasty pigs in a blanket are simple bite-sized snacks that youngsters and adults will love!
Mini smokies are wrapped in strips of crescent roll dough and baked or air-fried in minutes!
An Simple Appetizer
- This pigs-in-a-blanket recipe makes each get-together a celebration! Make ‘em for sport day or household sport evening and watch them disappear!
- Prepare dinner up a batch or two or pigs in a blanket as much as a day forward and pop them below the broiler to reheat them!
- Replenish on packs of little smokies after they’re on sale and freeze them for last-minute snack classes! Serve with a aspect of ranch, chili sauce, or savory honey mustard.
Components for Pigs in a Blanket
Smokies – Mini smokies are pre-cooked and able to serve, search for different varieties made with hen or turkey. Vienna sausages can even work and scorching canine might be reduce right down to 2” or left complete for further extra-large pigs in a blanket!
Crescent Roll Dough – Tremendous simple to work with, crescent roll dough makes a lightweight and crispy breading across the smokies. Skinny strips of ready-made pizza dough or puff pastry will work, too!
- Cheese – Whereas its non-compulsory, I typically tuck a small piece of cheddar cheese in with the crescent dough.
- Seasoning – You can even sprinkle it with somewhat little bit of Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Additions – For a change in taste, add a strip of jalapeno or some cooked bacon subsequent to the smokie.
The way to Make Pigs in a Blanket
These tasty pigs are simple bite-sized snacks that youngsters and adults will love!
Within the Oven:
- Prep crescent roll dough (as per the recipe beneath).
- Wrap strips round every smokie, pinching the ends to seal.
- Bake till browned. Cool earlier than serving.
Make Forward and Leftovers
Put together as directed and place on a baking sheet evenly coated with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for as much as 24 hours. Bake till golden brown as directed.
Hold leftover pigs in a blanket in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days or freeze for as much as 2 months. Reheat within the microwave or in a preheated air fryer till heated by way of.
Did your loved ones love this Pigs in a Blanket recipe? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
Pigs in a Blanket
Mini smokies wrapped in crescent roll strips and baked till golden make the proper appetizer for a crowd!
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Open every can of crescent rolls and, with out unrolling, reduce every roll into 1-inch items. Unroll every strip and reduce it into 4 items.
Wrap every little smokie with a strip of dough, ensuring to pinch the perimeters to seal.
Place the wrapped smokies, seam aspect down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or till browned.
Cool for five minutes earlier than serving. Serve heat.
- Parchment paper is non-compulsory however ensures the pigs in a blanket don’t stick and makes for straightforward cleanup.
- Don’t fear an excessive amount of about being precise with the chopping or form of the dough.
- Add a little bit of American cheese or caramelized onion inside every for those who’d like.
- Pigs in a blanket might be ready and refrigerated as much as 24 hours forward for straightforward entertaining.
- No mini smokies? Reduce scorching canine or cooked breakfast sausage into 1.5″ items (and even make bigger pigs in blankets with complete canine, the cooking time ought to stay near the identical).
- Brush with butter or egg wash and add sesame seeds, poppy seeds or every part seasoning on prime if desired.
Serving: 4items | Energy: 185 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 615mg | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.