This simple and scrumptious maple glazed squash recipe wants only a few substances.
Roasted butternut squash is the right mixture of candy & savory baked right into a caramelized aspect dish.
An Simple Aspect Dish
- Roasted butternut squash is a simple aspect dish that wants few substances.
- Prep is fast and there’s no have to peel the squash first.
- Slice and serve or scoop it out for a hearty aspect dish.
Elements for Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash – Butternut squash is good and delicate. For this recipe, you’ll want to chop it in half lengthwise. You’ll be able to substitute different kinds of winter squash however the cooking time will change.
Maple Syrup – Maple syrup provides sweetness and helps to caramelize the roasted squash. Change the syrup with brown sugar or honey.
Spices – I like heat spices with butternut squash together with cinnamon and ginger. You’ll be able to substitute it with pumpkin pie spice.
You’ll be able to add non-compulsory toppings to this roasted squash.
- Nuts – toasted chopped or candied pecans or walnuts
- Bacon – bacon bits may be sprinkled on high over the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Herbs – butternut squash pairs effectively with sage or rosemary, add somewhat bit to the glaze when you’d like.
- Cranberry sauce – in some cranberry sauce into the glaze.
Easy methods to Make Roasted Butternut Squash
- Lower the squash in half, high to backside, with a pointy chef’s knife. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Put together the glaze in response to the recipe beneath and brush it over the reduce aspect of the squash.
- Roast till tender and golden brown.
You’ll be able to eat this butternut squash recipe as a aspect dish or use it so as to add to different recipes. Leftovers are an ideal cubed and added to chili or hearty soups!
Maintain leftover maple-roasted butternut squash in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Reheat parts on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Did your loved ones love this Maple Roasted Butternut Squash? Go away us a ranking and a remark beneath!
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
This candy and savory maple-roasted butternut squash is the right aspect dish for any entree!
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper if desired.
Slice the squash in half lengthwise*. Use a big spoon to take away seeds and pulp within the heart.
In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, and ginger. Brush over the reduce aspect of the squash and season with salt and pepper to style.
Place the squash halves, reduce aspect up, on a baking pan and roast uncovered for 45-60 minutes or till fork tender and browned on the sides.
Squash seeds may be roasted and loved identical to pumpkin seeds.
Energy: 138 | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 612mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20019IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.