Delicate and savory Oyster Mushrooms are a scrumptious addition to virtually any plate!
On this recipe, oyster mushrooms are fried till golden brown and smothered in scrumptious garlic and butter sauce.
Mushrooms, garlic, and butter are an ideal match.
All About Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms are a sort of mushroom that grows on wooden, not within the floor. Two widespread varieties are Pearl and King oyster mushrooms, those you see in these images are Pearl oyster mushrooms, which cluster collectively on a big base. King oyster mushrooms, alternatively, are bigger and develop individually.
These mushrooms are generally utilized in Chinese language and Japanese cooking however might be added to virtually any dish that requires different varieties of mushrooms. They’ve a meaty texture, which is barely drier than your typical button or cremini mushrooms.
The right way to Put together Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms often come on a bigger stalk or stem with a number of mushrooms protruding from it (photograph above).
- Use a small knife to take away the person mushrooms from the bottom. The big base stem might be discarded.
- The stems of bigger oyster mushrooms could be a bit powerful to allow them to even be reduce off the mushrooms. The smaller stems are positive to depart intact.
- Mushrooms might be wiped with a humid paper towel or in a short time run beneath chilly water (they take up water so don’t rinse an excessive amount of).
Elements for Fried Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster Mushrooms – They aren’t all the time straightforward to search out within the grocery store (ask the grocery store when you don’t see them), however I do typically get them on the farmer’s market in the summertime. Or try to develop some with an at-home mushroom kit.
Garlic Butter: The mushrooms are cooked in a quite simple garlic butter. A little bit of soy sauce provides a salty umami whereas. Nothing too sophisticated, however positively flavorful.
Variations: Use shiitake and even cremini mushrooms as an alternative choice to Oyster mushrooms. Add your favourite savory spices or seasonings!
The right way to Make Fried Oyster Mushrooms
- Wipe the mushrooms clear with a humid material if wanted. Trim any woody stems.
- Warmth a pan with olive oil. Toss mushrooms with soy sauce (per the recipe beneath) and prepare dinner till flippantly browned on one facet.
- Push mushrooms to the facet. Add butter & garlic and prepare dinner till tender and aromatic. Add herbs if desired.
PRO TIP: Whereas this may be finished in any form of pan, we love the flavour and texture we get in a sizzling forged iron pan.
The right way to Retailer Mushrooms
- Don’t retailer the mushrooms in plastic. If they’re bought in a plastic wrap or field, take away the wrap and retailer them in a paper bag or cowl with a humid paper towel.
- If they’re free then the identical factor applies. They’ll keep recent for a number of days earlier than cooking.
- Mushrooms might be reheated on a pan on the range. Add some butter to the pan & prepare dinner till heated by means of.
Did you make these Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms? Depart us a remark and a score beneath!
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster Mushrooms are tossed in garlic butter and sauteed till completely golden brown.
Wipe the oyster mushrooms with a humid paper towel to take away any grime or particles if wanted.
Lower oyster mushrooms into particular person mushrooms (and reduce in half if they’re giant). Take away about ½ of the underside stem.
Preheat olive oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Toss mushrooms with soy sauce and add to the skillet.
Stir to softly coat with oil after which permit mushrooms to prepare dinner 3-4 minutes with out stirring or till browned on one facet. Stir and proceed cooking till mushrooms are tender.
Push the mushrooms to 1 facet and add the butter and garlic to the pan. Prepare dinner for 30 seconds or till aromatic. Stir into the mushrooms and prepare dinner 1 minute extra.
Season with parsley, salt & pepper to style.
The underside a part of the stem might be powerful and ought to be eliminated.
Any recent herbs might be added earlier than serving.
Energy: 82 | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.