Tacky, simple, and comforting, this hen parmesan recipe is a restaurant favourite made simple at house.
Tender breaded hen breasts are coated in marinara and baked with cheese till golden and bubbly!
An Simple Rooster Parmesan
Rooster parmesan, often known as hen parmigiana, is an Italian favourite. This dish originated from Italian immigrants within the US within the ’50s and is regarded as a twist on eggplant parmesan.
- It’ll seem like you spent hours within the kitchen, however this parmesan hen recipe is simple to make with frequent elements.
- Whereas it’s historically deep-fried or typically pan-fried in melted butter, this baked hen parmesan is a better model with out the entire oil.
- The hen comes out tender and juicy, and tastes nearly as good as a restaurant at a fraction of the value.
Components for Rooster Parmesan
Rooster – For this hen parmesan recipe, you’ll want boneless skinless hen breasts or hen cutlets. If utilizing hen breasts, pound them to ½-inch thick so that they cook dinner evenly.
Breading – I take advantage of two sorts of crumbs on this breadcrumb combination; Panko provides crunch, whereas the finer breadcrumbs give a extra even crust. Use pre-seasoned breadcrumbs, or add some Italian seasoning and salt to your personal fantastic breadcrumbs.
Cheese – Parmesan cheese provides taste whereas the melted mozzarella cheese offers this hen parm recipe its scrumptious tacky topping.
Tomato Sauce – Any marinara or pasta sauce will work, I select a top quality sauce because the sauce provides plenty of taste to this dish.
The best way to Make Rooster Parmesan
Here’s a primary overview, you’ll find the complete hen parmesan recipe under.
- Bread the hen: Bread the hen breasts and flippantly brown them in a pan (per the recipe under).
- Add marinara sauce: Place them right into a casserole dish with marinara sauce and prime with cheese.
- High with cheese & bake: Bake till the hen is cooked via and the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
As soon as it comes out of the oven, sprinkle it with recent basil and parsley and serve it over pasta like spaghetti.
- Leftover hen parmesan is delish as a hen parmesan sandwich.
- Maintain leftover hen parmesan in a coated container for as much as 4 days and reheat parts within the microwave or air fryer with some recent Parmesan cheese.
- To freeze ready hen parmesan, cool fully. As soon as cool, seal in freezer-safe meals storage containers or quart-sized freezer luggage. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. The hen won’t be as crispy as soon as frozen, however it’s nonetheless scrumptious.
Did your loved ones love this Simple Rooster Parmesan recipe? Go away us a ranking & a remark under!
Simple Rooster Parmesan
This simple hen parmesan recipe is a household favourite, good served over pasta!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Place the flour in a shallow bowl or dish. Place the eggs in a second shallow dish and beat with a fork.
In a 3rd shallow dish, mix Panko, Italian seasoned crumbs, grated Parmesan, 2 tablespoons recent parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Utilizing a meat mallet, pound the hen breasts to ½-inch thickness. After pounding, in the event that they’re very giant, you may lower them in half. Pat the hen dry with paper towels and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Dip hen into the flour and shake to take away any extra. Dip hen in overwhelmed eggs, then into the bread crumb combination and gently press to stick.
Preheat the oil over medium-high warmth in a big skillet. Brown the hen for about 2 minutes per facet or till golden. It doesn’t must cook dinner via.
Within the backside of a 9×13 baking dish, add 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce. Add the browned hen. High every bit of hen with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce within the middle. High with mozzarella and shredded parmesan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or till golden and bubbly and the hen reaches an inner temperature of 165°F with an instant-read thermometer.
Sprinkle with recent herbs and serve over pasta.
- Pound the hen breasts to a good thickness so that they cook dinner evenly. Rooster cutlets can be utilized rather than hen breasts.
- Dab the hen dry with a paper towel, this can assist the coating stick.
- Gently press the breadcrumbs onto the hen to make sure they adhere.
- Preheat the oil within the pan earlier than including the hen for a crispier crumb.
- Don’t add an excessive amount of sauce to the baking pan, you may warmth further sauce on the facet if desired.
Energy: 634 | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 46g | Fats: 31g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 1584mg | Potassium: 1071mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1364IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 412mg | Iron: 5mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.