This Buckeye recipe is the star of each cookie plate.
Buckeyes are a scrumptious no-bake peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate.
If you happen to like peanut butter cups, you’ll love these straightforward treats!
What’s a Buckeye?
A Buckeye is a well-liked no-bake deal with, impressed by Ohio’s well-known state tree, which is taken into account fortunate. These buckeye candies resemble the nuts that develop on a buckeye tree.
These are chocolate-dipped peanut butter balls, identified for being scrumptious are easy to make! A creamy peanut butter ball is dipped partway in wealthy chocolate. Good for anybody who loves a candy, easy-to-make dessert and a welcome addition to your Christmas cookie plate.
Components in Buckeyes
Generally referred to as ‘peanut butter balls’ or ‘buckeye cookies,’ this recipe is only a few pantry elements.
- Peanut Butter – Use common creamy or crunchy peanut butter. Keep away from all-natural peanut butter that tends to separate simply.
- Butter – Use unsalted room-temperature butter. If you happen to solely have salted butter, it would work however will make them a bit of bit salty.
- Vanilla Extract – This provides taste to the peanut butter combination.
- Powdered Sugar – Also referred to as confectioners sugar provides sweetness and creates the perfect texture.
- Chocolate Chips – I take advantage of semisweet chocolate chips for the proper stability of sweetness. Swap for darkish chocolate or milk if you happen to desire.
- Shortening – Vegetable shortening helps maintain the chocolate from cracking. Also can use soften and use coconut oil.
Find out how to Make Peanut Butter Balls
- With an electrical mixer, mix peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Chill.
- Roll into balls and chill.
- Dip in melted chocolate, let the surplus chocolate drip off, and revel in!
Buckeye Ideas and Methods
- Mud your fingers with a little bit of powdered sugar when rolling the peanut butter balls so the combination doesn’t follow your fingers.
- Some buckeyes will be smaller and a few will be bigger and since there isn’t any baking, there’s no want to fret about them baking evenly.
- Ensuring the chocolate is heat and the peanut butter balls are very chilly will give the perfect outcomes for dipping.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till serving.
- Buckeyes will be stored within the freezer for as much as 1 month. Thaw within the fridge the day earlier than serving.
Did your loved ones love this straightforward Buckeye recipe? Go away us a remark and a ranking under!
Simple Buckeye Recipe
Buckeyes are a favourite recipe – creamy Peanut Butter Balls dipped in chocolate.
In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, and vanilla with a hand mixer on medium velocity till fluffy.
Steadily add powdered sugar, mixing till included after every addition. Chill the combination within the fridge for a minimum of half-hour.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop and roll the combination into 1-inch balls and place on the ready baking sheet. Chill the peanut butter balls for a minimum of half-hour.
Mix chocolate chips and shortening in a small bowl. Microwave at 50% energy for 1 minute. Stir and proceed microwaving in 30-second increments simply till melted.
Place a toothpick into the peanut butter heart of every ball and dip in chocolate leaving a bit of little bit of the peanut butter peeking out the highest.
Place on the identical parchment lined pan and chill within the fridge till set.
Retailer buckeyes within the fridge in a lined container for as much as 2 weeks. They may also be frozen for as much as 2-3 months.
Serving: 1buckeye | Energy: 194 | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 70mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.