Searching for a candy and refreshing aspect dish or dessert?
This Ambrosia Salad recipe is simply the factor, it combines pineapple, coconut, mandarin oranges, and mini marshmallows in a creamy base.
This can be a household favourite and one I at all times seemed ahead to as a child!
- Regardless of its title, ambrosia salad is a a candy fluff salad – virtually a dessert that’s typically served as a aspect for Easter, Thanksgiving or at potlucks.
- This salad, aka 5-cup salad wants simply 5 elements and 5 minutes of prep.
- It’s excellent for holidays and potlucks because it’s finest made forward of time.
Elements for Ambrosia Salad
- Yogurt/Bitter Cream – The creamy base begins with both bitter cream or Greek yogurt. Our household has at all times used bitter cream, which is sweetened by the marshmallows. Be at liberty to strive vanilla yogurt or whipped topping (comparable to Cool Whip) in place.
- Fruit – Our household’s recipe for Ambrosia Salad has coconut shreds, mandarin oranges, and pineapple, however you possibly can combine issues up with fruit cocktail or canned peaches. For a recent taste, stir in recent fruit like grapes, bananas, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Additions – Whereas this recipe is scrumptious by itself, you possibly can add different elements. Strive including maraschino cherries or nuts like walnuts or pecans to provide it a bit of additional crunch and taste.
How you can Make Ambrosia Salad
Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a superb aspect to whip up in case you are quick on time!
- Drain the pineapple and oranges (per the recipe under).
- Add all elements besides oranges and blend effectively. Gently fold in oranges.
- Let chill within the fridge for at the least 4 hours.
Ideas for Ambrosia Salad
- Make sure to make this salad forward of time to mix the flavors and soften the marshmallows.
- Drain the canned fruit so the dish isn’t watery.
- Gently fold within the mandarin oranges final, as they are often fragile and break aside.
Simple Ambrosia Salad
This ambrosia salad recipe is really easy to make, completely fluffy and an awesome vacation aspect dish!
In a medium bowl, combine bitter cream, marshmallows, coconut, and pineapple tidbits.
Gently fold in mandarin oranges.
Refrigerate for at the least 4 hours or in a single day. Serve chilled.
- Make this salad forward and retailer within the fridge to mix the flavors and soften the marshmallows.
- Drain all fruit effectively so the dish isn’t watery.
- Gently fold within the mandarin oranges final, they are often fragile and break aside.
- Use Greek yogurt or plain yogurt, or bitter cream for the bottom. I choose bitter cream.
Energy: 150 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 296IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.