This Cranberry Sauce recipe is so extremely simple to make with simply 4 elements and the style is so significantly better than canned or jarred!
Put together cranberry sauce months forward of time and preserve it within the freezer. Merely thaw and serve on the large day!
Do-it-yourself Cranberry Sauce Is So Straightforward
This cranberry sauce recipe is each candy and tart and tastes so significantly better than a can! Serve it at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter. It goes nice with roast turkey, goose, Cornish game hens, and even ham.
- It’s tremendous simple to make. No prep is required.
- Might be made as an entire berry sauce or easy.
- Use contemporary or frozen berries.
- Might be made months forward and frozen.
When you make it home made, I virtually assure you’ll by no means purchase canned cranberry sauce once more (until you’re utilizing it to make cocktail meatballs).
Substances for Cranberry Sauce
Cranberries – Cranberries are the star and contemporary or frozen style precisely the identical on this recipe. If utilizing frozen, there is no such thing as a must thaw first.
Cinnamon – I like so as to add a cinnamon keep on with the combination, for those who don’t have one, add a small pinch of floor cinnamon and even apple pie spice!
Sugar – Cranberries are very tart so sugar is required to steadiness the flavour. White sugar or brown sugar work. This cranberry sauce recipe will be made with sweetener, maple syrup, or honey rather than sugar.
Liquid – A little bit of water is required to cook dinner the cranberries. Exchange water with juice like orange juice or apple apple juice.
- Juices – We use water or orange juice however use your favourite juice like pineapple or apple juice.
- Zest – Stir in some lemon or orange zest or orange peel for some further taste.
- Fruit – Add chopped apples, pears, a slice of ginger, and even chopped pecans.
- Spices – Play with the spices and add a pinch of nutmeg, or allspice.
- Boozy – Substitute a tablespoon or so of the o.j. with one thing boozy, a splash of Grand Marnier, a splash of rum, or a little bit of brandy.
Make Cranberry Sauce
It’s really easy!
- Place cranberries, sugar, and water (or juice) in a saucepan with a cinnamon stick per the recipe under.
- Simmer (you’ll hear the cranberries begin to pop) and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature after which refrigerate.
- Water produces a extra conventional taste whereas orange juice makes it zestier.
- This cranberry sauce recipe will thicken because it cools.
- For those who’d like a easy sauce, place the nice and cozy combination right into a mesh strainer and pressure it right into a bowl. Press the cranberries with a spoon to take away as a lot juice as attainable.
Freeze Cranberry Sauce
Top off on cranberries once they present up at your native grocery store as a result of they’ve a number of makes use of all yr spherical from sour cream cranberry bars to cranberry trifle and even toss them into smoothies.
Contemporary cranberries will last as long as 4 weeks within the fridge and they are often frozen for as much as a yr so long as they’re sealed in an hermetic bag.
Prep the cranberry sauce as much as 3 months forward of time and freeze. Thaw within the fridge in a single day.
Did your loved ones love this home made Cranberry Sauce? Be sure you depart a score and a remark under!
Straightforward Cranberry Sauce
Nothing says ‘holidays’ fairly just like the tangy taste of a contemporary, home made cranberry sauce!
In a medium pot, mix cranberries, sugar, water, and the cinnamon stick.
Carry to a boil over medium-high warmth. Cut back the warmth to a simmer and cook dinner for 10-12 minutes uncovered.
Take away the cinnamon stick and discard. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate till chilled.
Water produces a extra conventional taste whereas orange juice makes it zestier.
The cranberry sauce will thicken because it cools.
It is a entire berry sauce, for a easy texture, place the nice and cozy sauce right into a mesh strainer and pressure it right into a bowl urgent the cranberries to take away as a lot juice as attainable.
Make this sauce weeks (or months) forward of time and freeze. Thaw in a single day and serve for the large day.
Energy: 131 | Carbohydrates: 33g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 21.1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.