This Brussels sprout salad has all the colour, crunch, taste, and goodness you can ever need in a salad!
Shredded Brussels sprouts, fruit, nuts, and cheese are tossed with a vibrant and tangy French dressing.
A Crisp & Crunchy Salad
- Simply prep, costume, and toss, Brussel sprout salad is scrumptious as a aspect or lunch.
- Uncooked Brussels sprouts style much like coleslaw combine however barely sweeter.
- This salad recipe stays crispy and crunchy longer than common greens, so it’s excellent to make a day forward.
Elements for Brussels Sprout Salad
Brussels Sprouts – Many shops promote shaved Brussels sprouts however you may as well shred uncooked entire Brussels sprouts your self (instructions beneath). Change Brussels sprouts with any sort of coleslaw combine.
Fruit – Pink apples are sweeter whereas inexperienced apples are tart and tangy – both will work. Pomegranate seeds (arils) and dried cranberries add sweetness.
Cheese – Feta is each salty and creamy and will be changed with goat cheese or shaved parmesan cheese.
Nuts – I really like walnuts, pecans, or almonds on this salad. If you happen to’d wish to make this nut-free, strive pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
Different Additions – Attempt including purple onion or a sprinkle of crispy bacon.
The dressing for this salad may be very easy. It’s candy and tangy – and excellent on a shaved Brussels sprouts salad. Honey will be changed with maple syrup. If you happen to’d want a store-bought dressing, select a candy and tangy French dressing and even coleslaw dressing.
How one can Shred Brussels Sprouts for Salad
- Take away any discolored leaves. Minimize off the very finish of the stem.
- Use the slicing blade of a meals processor or slice them very thinly with a pointy knife or mandoline.
- Rinse the shredded sprouts in chilly water and drain nicely earlier than utilizing.
How one can Make Brussel Sprout Salad
- Mix all of the dressing components in a jar and shake nicely.
- Prep the Brussels sprouts in any of the strategies listed within the recipe beneath, and rinse and dry them.
- Toss chopped apples with lemon juice after which mix all components (per the recipe beneath) in a big mixing bowl.
- Toss with dressing earlier than serving.
Suggestions for Brussels Sprouts Salad
If you happen to shred your individual Brussels, they are often rinsed and can final every week within the fridge earlier than getting ready the salad.
Maintain leftover Brussels sprouts salad in a lined container for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
Did you’re keen on this Brussels Sprouts Salad? Depart us a remark and a score beneath!
Brussels Sprout Salad
Shredded Brussels sprouts, crisp tart apples, feta cheese, cranberries, pomegranate arils, and walnuts are tossed in a tangy honey dijon French dressing.
In a small jar, mix olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Shake nicely to combine.
Toast the nuts in a dry skillet over medium warmth, stirring incessantly, till they’re aromatic and calmly browned, about 4 minutes.
Shred Brussels sprouts, rinse nicely, and dry.
Chop the apple and toss with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
In a big salad bowl, mix Brussels sprouts, apple, dried cranberries, pomegranate arils, walnuts, and feta cheese.
Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat, and serve.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and reduce off a small piece of the stem finish. Take away any discolored leaves.
- Run Brussels sprouts via your meals processor, slice on a mandoline slicer, or slice with a knife as thinly as doable.
- Place shaved sprouts in a bowl of chilly water to rinse after which drain nicely (I exploit my salad spinner).
Shaved brussels sprouts will be saved as much as one week within the fridge.
Energy: 281 | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 910IU | Vitamin C: 100mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1.9mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.